Application for admission in Academic Year 2020-2021 will commence from 15 November 2019 and close on 31 December 2019.
Applicants (regardless of nationality) seeking admission to NUS should present the NUS High School of Mathematics and Science Diploma.
This includes full-time National Servicemen (NSF) with NUSHS Diploma who have a course reserved in NUS, but wish to apply for a change of course.
Applicants will be considered for admission based on the strength of their academic achievements and additional interviews/tests if required.
For courses that require additional interviews/tests, applicants will also be assessed based on their performance during interviews and/or tests.
You should also meet the Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirement for admission by having one of the following:
- Minimum of D7 grade for Higher MTL at Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level
- Minimum of 'S' grade for the H2 MTLL paper taken at the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level examination;
- Pass in MTL ‘B’ or a S grade for H1 MTL/ MTL-in-lieu or H2 MTL Language and Literature or H1 General Studies in Chinese at Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level;
- Pass in MTL-in-lieu subject approved by Ministry of Education, Singapore;
- Exemption from MTL approved by Ministry of Education, Singapore
Applicants who are unable to fulfill the MTL requirement for admission but satisfy all other admission requirements will be admitted on a provisional basis. During the course of study, these students will be required to attend the MTL course (Chinese/ Malay/ Tamil) conducted by the University; or attain the minimum requirement as listed above by retaking the MTL paper at the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level examinations before they are allowed to graduate.
Submission of the official MTL examination results slip/ transcript/ exemption approval is required for the University to review your fulfilment of the MTL requirement. Please refer to the Application Checklist for more information.